[comp.sys.amiga] SetRGB4/LoadRGB4

dale@amiga.UUCP (05/12/87)

SetRGB4 and LoadRGB4 affect the existing copper lists directly.
The colors for each ViewPort/Screen are loaded in the few display
lines just before the display appears. So if the processor has stabbed
those locations before the copper reads the instructions then the
colors will change immediately. Your chances of affecting the colors
immediately increase as the screen is located closer to the bottom
of the screen.
While looking at the source, I see a potential/real problem here.
The copperlist is another datastructure that needs arbitration.
So one probably needs to do a LockIBase around your SetRgb/LoadRGB
calls if you are doing it to a screen.
Don't forget your UnlockIBase to
Duck

tenney@well.UUCP (Glenn S. Tenney) (05/17/87)

In article <1653@amiga.amiga.UUCP> dale@amiga.UUCP (Dale Luck) writes:
>While looking at the source, I see a potential/real problem here.
>The copperlist is another datastructure that needs arbitration.
>So one probably needs to do a LockIBase around your SetRgb/LoadRGB
>calls if you are doing it to a screen.
>Don't forget your UnlockIBase to
>Duck

#$%&@!    If it is really a problem, it SHOULD be fixed in the ROM,
not in the application software.
(( Unlike some other situations, Ducky ))

-- Glenn Tenney
UUCP: {hplabs,glacier,lll-crg,ihnp4!ptsfa}!well!tenney
ARPA: well!tenney@LLL-CRG.ARPA        Delphi and MCI Mail: TENNEY
As Alphonso Bodoya would say... (tnx boulton)
Disclaimers? DISCLAIMERS!? I don' gotta show you no stinking DISCLAIMERS!