[comp.sys.amiga] Dave Wecklers Vt100

mjw@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Michael Witbrock) (05/19/87)

I am told that one can abort file transfers which have gone awry by
hitting the [esc] key a few times. Apologies to Dave, I should have read the
%^&#ing manual properly.

I would have sent the original bug report to dave directly instead of this
group, but I didn't have his e-mail address.

It is still a bit annoying that the done gadget doesn't abort the transfer
though (oh, and that filenames with more than one . in them don't seem to go
properly)..

It's still a great program, despite my incompetent use of it.

Michael.Witbrock@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu
US Mail: Michael Witbrock
         Dept of Computer Science
         Carnegie Mellon University
         Pittsburgh PA 15213-6890
         USA
Telephone : (412) 268 3621 [Office]
            (412) 681 3806 [Home]

I took out the cute quotes. If you need some, finger me at f.gp.cs.cmu.edu.

flaps@utcsri.UUCP (05/26/87)

In article <60@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu> mjw@f.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Michael Witbrock) writes:
>It is still a bit annoying that ... filenames with more than one '.' in them
>don't seem to go properly...

This is a limitation of the kermit protocol.  CP/M systems have filenames
and extensions.  An extension of the kermit protocol allows filenames greater
than 8 characters and extensions greater than three, but a.b.c is still too
complicated.  Also null filenames are not provided; if you try to transmit
your .login it will be called something like "x.login".

--

      //  Alan J Rosenthal
     //

Kermit - Protocol error