[comp.sys.amiga] Further file format problems CATS

In article <162@l5comp.UUCP> scotty@l5comp.UUCP (Scott Turner) writes:

> The author wishes to pile praise upon CATS in general and a medal on Andy in
> particular.
>
> 1. CATS has done alot in the past to make me want to not heap praise on them.
> I see SOME promising signs from grr, carolyn, and eric though of maybe making
> me feel differently. (Note andy IS missing from that list currently)

For the record, CATS is carylyn, phillip, lisa and (non-technically) lauren.
These folk get paid to work their 8 hours answering phones, plying the networks
and doing other user related things.  I'm not sure why they are doing this, as
anyone that understands the Amiga and the Amiga software well enough to do
technical support could surely be doing something more profitable and/or
interesting.

Any other output emanating from cbmvax or amiga for that matter, is because the
poster feels like doing it.  This may be on company time, but it's certainly
not a part of the job and makes a pretty lousey excuse when whatever one is
supposed to be doing is coming in late.

andy, daveb and eric are responsible for amiga software development.

grr and daveh are project engineers for the A500 and A2000.

> I don't get paid by anyone (not even GEnie) to answer Amiga questions no
> matter the time of day. Thus answering Amiga questions via this forum
> doesn't make my 'job' any easier.
>
> Actions speak louder than words. Thus I let my 'actions' speak for me rather
> than any plea in Amiga Mail. These postings truely come from the goodness of
> MY heart.

The ones that come from the goodness of your heart are appreciated and help all
amiga owners and workers.  The ones that come from the depths of your (perhaps
justifed) frustration cause pain and confusion and apparently heated discussion
and hate mail.

> Maybe the CATS postings come from the goodness of their hearts, or maybe it's
> just another side of their jobs. I'll let them explain if they wish to. This
> isn't an attack on the CATS people, I'm just curious.

The AmigaMail statement was less than precise, perhaps because the person who
wrote it didn't clearly understand the distinction between the official and
unofficial support.

> As for the comment about the current OS not being Andy's fault. There comes a
> time when the people who step in to clean up/maintain an OS can no longer hide
> behind 'The Sins Of The Creators'. When does Andy get to start taking the
> fall?  Version 1.3? Version 2.x???

When the decisions are his and not those of some departed Amiga person...

Sorry that I've omitted all your interesting time calculations.  Please be
more thorough and send carolyn a rose for each posting after 5:00. 8-)  In my
case, it's 3:30 AM, I'm supposed to be at work in the morning and Bell of PA
is getting rich while I dial into cbmvax from my little shack out in the
country.