[comp.sys.amiga] Does Egad work ?

csb@cullvax.UUCP (Craig Brown) (05/29/87)

Has anyone actually created and used gadgets using the Egad program ?
My machine crashes at random points. Is there an official document
describing it's use ? (I got it from a BBS that didn't have
documentation). Has anyone used any other Gadget editor to produce
working gadgets ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

Craig

mike@ames.UUCP (06/02/87)

In article <1227@cullvax.UUCP> csb@cullvax.UUCP (Craig Brown) writes:

>Has anyone actually created and used gadgets using the Egad program ?
>My machine crashes at random points. Is there an official document
>describing it's use ? (I got it from a BBS that didn't have
>documentation). Has anyone used any other Gadget editor to produce
>working gadgets ?

Yup! I sure does work, inbetween crashes that is. I used it to create
and entire screen of image gadgets, and text for Galileo. It took me
less that two hours to do what would've take a couple of days of bit-
twiddling to do. I does generate too many comments though. The source
was over 70K at first, but dropped down to 40K after I dumped all of
the comments.

It is a bit cumbersome to use, but once I got the hang if it, it worked
beautifully.

--
				   *** mike (powered by M&Ms) smithwick ***
"ever felt like life was a game, and