[comp.sys.amiga] Ameristar ethernet hardware/software

daemon@rutgers.UUCP (06/03/87)

From: seybolmp%SNYOLDBA.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu

We are putting in an Amiga 2000 lab here approx 20 machines
and would like to use our Ultrtrix 2.0 based NFS system as a file
server. Question does anyone have any experience with the Ameristar
hardware/software on the A1000 and how do you like it?
                                    Thanks
                                    Marc Seybold
                                    SUNY/Old Westbury

page@ulowell.cs.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (06/03/87)

seybolmp@snyoldba.BITNET wrote:
>does anyone have any experience with the Ameristar
>hardware/software on the A1000 and how do you like it?

We have a half dozen Amiga's here with the package, one is running NFS,
the others just using FTP/TELNET (they are in a different lab w/o
access to any machines running NFS) and Arcnet, so they can share the
hard drive on one of the Amigas.  The package works well.

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.   page@ulowell.{uucp,edu,csnet}