[comp.sys.amiga] Hack 1.0.3d bugs

hunt@firqb.dec.com.UUCP (06/06/87)

Hello everyone,

   I just got my copy of Amiga Hack 1.0.3d.  All in all, a VERY nice release!

   I have found a few bugs I would like to mention though:

1) The 'o' command (Options) is really 'O' (Large 'O', not small 'o').  Also,
the pulldown menu does a small 'o', and comes back 'Invalid command'.

2) The option Tombstone seems to be accepted by Option command or in the
HACK103.CNF file, but is not displayed by the Option command to list options.

3) A CLI command 'HACK -W' does NOT enter wizard mode,  a -W or -w will allow
you to play as a wizard, but not wizard mode.  Does your name also have to be
'Wizard' to get this?  The docs don't say so.

4) Pulldown menus do not always do the correct command.  The ',' (Take object)
from the menu prompts "Long or Short help ?"

5) The '!' command (AmigaDOS command/Shell command) does not work at all.

Phil Hunt

toebes@sas.UUCP (06/08/87)

In article <10230@decwrl.DEC.COM>, hunt@firqb.dec.com (Phil Hunt) writes:
>    I just got my copy of Amiga Hack 1.0.3d.  All in all, a VERY nice release!
Thanks, I spent many months on it (almost 5 monts tracking down 1 count 'em
1 bug).  Also I have to thank the graphics of Jeff Lee which I think really
helped the final product.  (And of course Lattice for their superb compiler)
>    I have found a few bugs I would like to mention though:
Bugs? We don't ever have any of them.  Oh, you mean undocumented freatures...

> 1) The 'o' command (Options) is really 'O' (Large 'O', not small 'o').  Also,
> the pulldown menu does a small 'o', and comes back 'Invalid command'.
Never noticed this.  It will be fixed in the next release.

> 2) The option Tombstone seems to be accepted by Option command or in the
> HACK103.CNF file, but is not displayed by the Option command to list options.
It might not be in the Option help, but it is documented in the Hack103.cnf
file.

> 3) A CLI command 'HACK -W' does NOT enter wizard mode,  a -W or -w will allow
> you to play as a wizard, but not wizard mode.  Does your name also have to be
> 'Wizard' to get this?  The docs don't say so.
The actual option is HACK -D.  It is a change that Don Kneller made (I think)
and I forgot to update the documentation when I integrated his latest code.

> 4) Pulldown menus do not always do the correct command.  The ',' (Take object)
> from the menu prompts "Long or Short help ?"
Actually, this is documented.  I put in the menu stuff rather quickly.  If
you select any item for which a list would normally be displayed to select
from, it puts in the question mark for you.  Unfortunately, when there is
nothing to be displayed, a message is printed and then the ? is taken as the
help command.  I think I have a way to fix this in the next release, but for
now it is more useful to have the automatic list display feature.

> 5) The '!' command (AmigaDOS command/Shell command) does not work at all.
It hasn't worked in any release beyond the first one.  (Isn't that what
PopCLI is for anyway).  I forgot to take it out of the menu in the latest
compilation.  SInce it had already gone through some internal QA, I didn't
want to have to go through retesting for a simple recompilation.

Thanks for the input.  I will make sure they get fixed in the next release.
--
John A. Toebes, VIII       usenet:..mcnc!rti!sas!toebes
Coordinator - The Software Distillery        BBS: (919)-471-6436

spierce@pnet01.CTS.COM (Stuart Pierce) (06/09/87)

Phil, sounds like you need to upgrade to Hack 1.0.3e!  Stuart Pierce