[comp.sys.amiga] Cp:

acs@amdahl.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (06/09/87)

In article <8706090330.AA03678@cogsci.berkeley.edu> bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU (Bryce Nesbitt) writes:
>What about a copy command that PRESERVES the FileNote (comment) area!?  Some
>of us actually use it.  ( C-A, Metacomco take note.  Your COPY does not )

Yeah! -- and let's not forget built-in dir cmds, too.  I hacked up 2.05M
of Steve-n-Matt's shell to get dir to spit out the filenote and will no
doubt do the same thing to the new version.  If I have time I'll also hack
up the code in copy, too, and will post to the net once I'm done.
--
Tony Sumrall acs@amdahl.amdahl.com <=> ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,seismo}!amdahl!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]

>Yeah! -- and let's not forget built-in dir cmds, too.  I hacked up 2.05M
>of Steve-n-Matt's shell to get dir to spit out the filenote and will no
>doubt do the same thing to the new version.  If I have time I'll also hack
>up the code in copy, too, and will post to the net once I'm done.

	Just make sure you allow for devices which don't have the filenote
ability.... even directories which don't have the ability.

				-Matt