[comp.sys.amiga] Starboard 2

bruss@beowulf.UUCP (06/07/87)

	Recently someone posted a summary of preferred memory
expansion units, with the Microbotics Starboard II coming out
on top.  Now that I'd like to get one, could someone mail me a
good mail-order place?  (I'm leaning towards The Software Shop,
advertised in Amigaworld, has anyone dealt with these people
before?)

					Thanks,

					Brian Russ
					EECS Department, UC San Diego
					...!sdcsvax!bruss

Brian Russ
CSE Department, UC San Diego
..!sdcsvax!bruss

richc@madvax.UUCP (06/09/87)

In article <3281@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU>, bruss@beowulf.ucsd.edu (Brian Russ) writes:
> 	Recently someone posted a summary of preferred memory
> expansion units, with the Microbotics Starboard II coming out
> on top.  Now that I'd like to get one, could someone mail me a
> good mail-order place?  (I'm leaning towards The Software Shop,
> advertised in Amigaworld, has anyone dealt with these people
> before?)
Rich Commins   (415)939-2400				          \  /\
Varian Instruments, 2700 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94598    \/--\
{ptsfa,lll-crg,zehntel,dual,amd,fortune,ista,rtech,csi,normac}varian!richc

nevets@ihlpm.UUCP (06/10/87)

I bought my Starboard II from Abel Supply for 430.32.
It was in stock, and I had the board in two to three days.

Abel's Supply:
-------------
Store (Voice) (615) 428-5100
BBS (Modem) (615) 453-0643

					Steve Ringwood
					ihnp4!ihlpm!nevets

Disclaimer:
	I have no ties to Abel Supply except that I am a
	satisfied customer.

scott@applix.UUCP (06/10/87)

In article <583@madvax.UUCP> richc@madvax.UUCP (Rich Commins) writes:
>In article <3281@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU>, bruss@beowulf.ucsd.edu (Brian Russ) writes:
>> 	Recently someone posted a summary of preferred memory
>> expansion units, with the Microbotics Starboard II coming out
>> on top.  Now that I'd like to get one, could someone mail me a
>> good mail-order place?  (I'm leaning towards The Software Shop,
>> advertised in Amigaworld, has anyone dealt with these people
>> before?)
         is around $525.00.

I got my 2meg StarboardII from Abel Supply for $430.31 several months ago.
I have yet to find a lower price.

	Abel Supply
	Rt 3, Box 705, Middle Creek Road
	Sevierville, TN 37862	(Dolly Parton's hometown)
	Voice (615) 428-5100   -  BBS (615) 453-0643

and while I'm here, some questions:

1) Anyone know how difficult it would be to switch to 1meg chips to get 8megs?
2) Anyone got the Multi-Function Module?  Comments?
3) Anyone know more about the rumor that MicroBotics is developing a SCSI
	daughterboard for the StarboardII?

-scott