[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga TCP/IP package available

hamilton@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (06/08/87)

i'm posting this for mike matthews, formerly mikel@ccvaxa, who currently
doesn't have direct usenet access.  until he is back on the net, i will
forward email sent to me which is clearly addressed to mike.

	wayne hamilton
	U of Il and US Army Corps of Engineers CERL
UUCP:	{ihnp4,seismo,pur-ee,convex}!uiucuxc!hamilton
ARPA:	hamilton@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu	USMail:	Box 476, Urbana, IL 61801
CSNET:	hamilton%uxc@uiuc.csnet		Phone:	(217)333-8703
CIS:    [73047,544]			PLink:  w hamilton

{

Phil Karn (KA9Q), Bdale Garbee (N3EUA) and others have put together an
Internet Protocol package for MS-DOS machines.  I took this package and
ported it to the Amiga, the MAC, and UNIX.  All have been tested
against the MS-dos version and seem to work ok.  The UNIX version was
written on a 4.[23] BSD system, but with some small modifications it
should run on most UNIX machines.

The package contains the following protocols Address Resolution
Protocol (ARP), Internet Protocol (IP), Internet Control Message
Protocol (ICMP), Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), User Datagram
Protocol (UDP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Remote login protocol
(Telnet) and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).

Notice:
	Unless otherwise specified, all documentation, source and
	object code making up the KA9Q Internet Package are Copyright
	(C) 1986 by Phil Karn, KA9Q. All rights reserved.  Permission
	is hereby granted for free NONcommercial copying and use only.

I told Bdale that I would distribute the Amiga and MAC version since he
doesn't have access to either of these machines.  I will also provide
the UNIX version, but I don't have ready access to a UNIX machine
anymore (at least for the next few months) to test out the modifications.

The Amiga and MAC versions do not use the windowing facilities (like it
should) for reasons of compatibility with the existing code.  In the
future, I will update those packages to use the various interfaces.

The Amiga verison uses the serial line only and should use the hardware
modem control for speeds above 4800 baud.  The MAC version uses the
serial line (modem not printer port), but I am putting in the code to
use the appletalk network.  The UNIX version uses the tty devices.
Adding a network interface is easy, so if you have a special interface
it should not take long to implement the code for it.

I have compiled the Amiga version with the Aztec compiler using 32 bit
ints and the MAC version using the Light Speed C Compiler.  I will be
using the 16 bit int version for the Amiga as well as the Lattice C
compiler in the future.

If you would like a copy of the code and binaries, please send me $6.00
(US) and your phone and address. I will send out disks to you as soon
as possible. If I receive your request while I am updating to the next
release, I will hold off sending the disk until the update is complete
and authorized by Phil and Bdale.

I will be sending Fred Fish a disk containing the code and binaries
later on.

The current working version is 870412 (the version I sent to Bdale),
but I am in the process of updating to 870526.  For more information on
the package you would start watching the notesfile rec.ham-radio.packet.

Please send your request to

	Mikel Matthews - N9DVG
	1104 S. Center
	Mahomet, IL 61853

If you would like to contact me during the day or night, please call
	(217) 359-0700 (Addamax Inc. where I work)
	(217) 586-5084 (home where I some times sleep,
			please remember my timezone is CST)

Currently I do not have a net address, but when I do I will post it to
the net.

	Mikel Matthews

}

ewhac@well.UUCP (06/11/87)

In article <172200064@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu> hamilton@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Phil Karn (KA9Q), Bdale Garbee (N3EUA) and others have put together an
>Internet Protocol package for MS-DOS machines.  I took this package and
>ported it to the Amiga, the MAC, and UNIX.  [ ... ]

	OHMIGOD!!!!  Does this mean I can finally write MazeWar????!!

	GIMME GIMME!

					Schwab