[comp.sys.amiga] "The Microfiche Filer" commercial announcement!

gary@eddie.MIT.EDU (Gary Samad) (06/09/87)

["Just the facts" they say.  Ok, this is from the press release...]

			   Microfiche Filer
			"The Graphic Database"

     Software Visions, Inc. announces The Microfiche Filer, a full powered
database for the Amiga that requires no programming.  It employs the
elegant and time-tested metaphor of scanning data using a microfiche reader.

     Data is organized as it is on a microfiche - as a condensed
two-dimensional sheet of text and pictures, over which you drag a "magnifying
glass" to locate your information.  You may easily reformat the microfiche at
any time.

     In addition to text, The Microfiche Filer also handles pictures of
ANY size.  You can also display several pictures SIMULTANEOUSLY and mix
pictures with text!

     The Microfiche Filer is especially useful for databases that require
pictures, including:

	- storyboards (!)
	- real estate listings (including a picture of each house)
	- inventories (including a picture of each item)
	- art catalogues
	- photograph catalogues

and, of course, easily handles text databases, including:

	- address books
	- mailing lists
	- stock or commodity listings
	- wine lists
	- hardware or software lists (databases of Fish and Amicus disks
				      come free with the MFF)

"Software Visions announces no product before its time.  MFF is Shipping NOW!"

The Microfiche Filer is NOT Copy Protected.  List price $99.  For more
information contact:

	Software Visions, Inc.
	26 Forest Road
	Framingham, MA   01701

	(800) 527-7014
	in MA - (617) 877-1266

		or
	email to gary@eddie.mit.edu
		 ihnp4!mit-eddie!gary

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (06/10/87)

Posting-Front-End: GNU Emacs 18.41.1 of Thu Apr  9 1987 on linus (berkeley-unix)

The MicroFiche Filer was demoed at last month's Boston Computer
Society Amiga User's Group meeting.

It's a fast and elegant product.  The only significant caveat is that
the entire data base is kept resident in RAM, which sharply limits the
size of the data base(s) you can have.

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford
UUCP:  ...{cbosgd,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,security,utzoo}!linus!sdl

In article <6715@linus.UUCP> sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) writes:
>The MicroFiche Filer was demoed at last month's Boston Computer
>Society Amiga User's Group meeting.
>It's a fast and elegant product.  The only significant caveat is that
>the entire data base is kept resident in RAM, which sharply limits the
>size of the data base(s) you can have.

Oh, I don't know, a 2MB Amiga lets you have a bigger database then you
could keep on a floppy.  And performance should be pretty spectacular.
Just don't trip over the power switch.

Keith Doyle
#  {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!trwrb!cadovax!keithd
#  cadovax!keithd@ucla-locus.arpa  Contel Business Systems 213-323-8170