[comp.sys.amiga] Follow up and Product Idea

childs@cadnetix.UUCP.UUCP (06/16/87)

A week or so ago I posted several questions, and received several responses.
All responses stated that product announcements are ok.  This isn't really
a product announcement, but here goes:

I currently have a font editor that allows what I consider to be superior
capabilities.  Such as auto-bolding, auto-italic, inverse, block operations,
or-ing, (and-ing ???), fill, and a few other type of operations.  It displays
as much of the current font (one being edited) as possible. (Scroll to see
rest of font.)  Characters can be drawn from scratch, or from existing
characters from the current font (and maybe soon other fonts).  This allows
the user to make the space character look like a blank wood block. To make
the rest of the font, start with the block and add the character to go inside.
The or-ing feature allows the user to easily add some graphics, from a
temporary buffer, to each character in a font.  (It could be made into a
global operation I guess.)  The ability to scale would probably also be nice.
I AM planning to add some more features.

Of course it allows any size of font (limited to the display), and handles
both proportional and non-proportional fonts.

It does auto refresh allowing for sizing the window, (it does the best job
it can).  It also has a typing area to see what the font looks like in use.
I am planning to allow some sort of changable font structure that allow fonts
to be saved in user defined structures on disk.  In other words, I, for example,
want to save fonts in Toshiba P321 Printer form, so they can be down-loaded to
my printer.  I currently have to convert it by hand.  (by C)

My questions are:
   Would anyone pay US money for this?
   Would it be useful as a sprite/bob editor?

Making this into a product would take about one month, and I know absolutly
nothing about marketing.

------------------

About my Supra Drive:
According to Supraman, :-), the memory board that goes inside the hard
disk controller is not yet available, and wont be ready for shipping for some
time.  The disk seems to work fine, and I don't think I've had any problems
with it.  (Read: havn't tracked down any crashes to the hard disk, but I have
had a few lock ups that I don't remember having before.  I am doing new and
better things, so the problem might be my fault.)  I still don't understand
the *Boot Disk isn't validated* message I often, if not always, get.

------------------

Anyone notice that while playing Marble Madness, if you die on level five while
using your mouse as game port controller, your mouse gets hosed when you start
over on level one.

childs@cadnetix.UUCP   David Childs

foy@aero.UUCP (06/19/87)

In article <670@cadnetix.UUCP> childs@cadnetix.UUCP (David Childs) writes: