[comp.sys.amiga] amiga educational discounts?

hamilton@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (06/16/87)

    more than once in the past people have suggested that c-a needs
to offer discounts to educational institutions and/or students/faculty.
i was just reading comp.graphics, where i noticed:

/* Written 10:03 am  Jun 10, 1987 by hedley@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP in uxc.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.graphics */
In article <173@mv06.ecf.toronto.edu> drascic@ecf.UUCP writes:
>I want to overlay the graphics output of a computer onto a video image
>of the real world, to implement a cursor...
>	David Drascic    UUCP: drascic@ecf.toronto.edu  OR drascic@utecfb

[amiga commercial deleted]

If indeed this is for the university, we have a discount program for
such originizations. You might contact Dave Archambault at
(215)-431-9193 about such policies. He is the man handling all the
university marketing and accounts.

Hedley
/* End of text from uxc.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.graphics */

    this is the first i had heard of this, so i thought it might be
(good) news for others...

	wayne hamilton
	U of Il and US Army Corps of Engineers CERL
UUCP:	{ihnp4,seismo,pur-ee,convex}!uiucuxc!hamilton
ARPA:	hamilton@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu	USMail:	Box 476, Urbana, IL 61801
CSNET:	hamilton%uxc@uiuc.csnet		Phone:	(217)333-8703
CIS:    [73047,544]			PLink:  w hamilton

john13@garfield.UUCP (06/26/87)

In article <172200072@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu>, hamilton@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>     more than once in the past people have suggested that c-a needs
> to offer discounts to educational institutions and/or students/faculty.
> i was just reading comp.graphics, where i noticed:
>
> If indeed this is for the university, we have a discount program for
> such originizations. You might contact Dave Archambault at
> (215)-431-9193 about such policies. He is the man handling all the
> university marketing and accounts.
>
>     this is the first i had heard of this, so i thought it might be
> (good) news for others...

Commodore Canada does indeed provide discounts to full-time teachers buying
equipment, and better discounts to educational institutions (federal sales
tax exemption in the latter case). They have for several years. This includes
Amiga and peripherals.

I don't know about C= in the US.

I *do* know that putting the power switch on the 500's power supply is a
very dumb point to an otherwise solid machine. I like the keyboard, and the
documentation is pretty thorough, down to the specs, except for the part where
they explain how "cd \" will take you to the next highest directory level in
the section on CLI usage.

John