[comp.sys.amiga] Fairy Tale

donw@zehntel.UUCP (Don White) (06/30/87)

>From: bill@voodoo.UUCP (Bill Sears)
>    I have been playing Faery Tale for about a week now and have not seemed
>to get very far.  Physically, I am not having any trouble at all.  I have

     I have finished Faery Tale Adventure. For those of you out there who
 have FTA and don't want to know, I am including a control L here.  This is
 SOME HEAVY SPOILERS!!!!! If you do these things in order, you can get to
 the last part of the game.
     Please don't fire up the flame throwers!  I'm only including the spoilers
 because  #1 they were asked for.  #2 to add background for some ultimate
 questions.
     #3 Besides, I warned you!!!!!!  :-)

     If you don't hit 'n' now, forever hold your peace!!!!! ;-)

     In the south east (right side at bottom) of HOLM there is a black
   building with a stairway in the roof.

     If you ask the turtle, you get a shell.
     You can also get a shell at the watch tower in the east.

     The witch of grimwood is in the north of the wood through a cave.
   Use lots of totems to map out the woods.

     After you have the lasso (and maybe a shell) go to swan isle. Flying
     over HOLM is one of the most impressive parts of the game.

     If you have a bone, go to the cemetary at midnight and give it to
   the ghost.

     If you have a shard go to the black castle in the black mountains.
     Your swan won't be able to land right next to the castle, but there
     is a place where you can land just a few mountains to the east.

     Sidle around the lava in the doorway (on the left) and walk through the
    blue force shield.

     Save yourself before you go too much farther. (If you die to much, you
   will want to be able to start over)

     Have your wand ready for when you meet the evil wizard.
   If you can get to him!!!!!

     Now for a suprise! :-(  I've finished the game and I STILL DON'T
   KNOW -

       1. What the hidden city is for?
       2. What the shell is for? (another netter mentioned not having it
          and being unable to fly the swan?!??!?!?)
       3. What is pixle grove for?
       4. Why did the prophecy say I would need FIVE statues when I only had
          FOUR?? Why didn't I see any reason for having ANY of the statues?
          Is there a fifth?
       5. What does the sunstone do?

It was a good game, VERY NICE graphics and a real neat trick using the super
big screen!!!  It was buggy using 1.2 (but since I had 1.1, It was forgiveable)
(developers, please mark your software with the configuration you expect i.e.
a. no extra RAM   b. 1.1 only, or whatever. )

P.S.  I was sure I sent in my registration card!!!  Why didn't I get any
    upgrade information?!?!?!?!

   But will someone please tie up these loose ends?