[comp.sys.amiga] Does ToolWindow Work?

kinner@wsucshp.UUCP (Bill Kinnersley ) (07/02/87)

On 21 Feb 1986 (I remember it well) in Message <3010@ncsu.UUCP>
jcz@ncsu (John A. Toebes, VIII) wrote:

> ...whenever an Icon is selected, the ToolWindow field is (supposed to be)
> copied in the initial startup message that is passed to your program.
> The startup code (c.o) looks at that message and opens up that window
> by default...Unfortunately, Intuition (or whomever is responsible) fails
> to copy the ToolWindow field over and no window is opened currently.

Did this ever get fixed?  I note that Aztec 3.4 startup code _main() does
not support ToolWindow, and a function _wb_parse() is called instead which
looks for a "WINDOW=..." entry in the list of ToolTypes.

Does 1.2 handle ToolWindow correctly?  Is ToolWindow supported by the
latest version of Lattice?

---
"Nesting is for the birds"
                --Bill Kinnersley
    USENET: ...!ucbvax!ucdavis!egg-id!ui3!wsucshp!kinner
    INTERNET: kinner%wsu@RELAY.CS.NET
    CSNET: kinner@cs1.wsu.edu
    MAIL: CS Dept, Washington State Univ, Pullman WA 99164-1210
    PHONE: (509)332-4008