[comp.sys.amiga] KCL for the Amiga

tenny@z.dec.com (07/02/87)

Is anybody porting Kyoto Common Lisp to the Amiga?

This software requires a license, but is otherwise free.

Dave Tenny

rap@dana.UUCP (Rob Peck) (07/03/87)

In article <10652@decwrl.DEC.COM>, tenny@z.dec.com writes:

> Is anybody porting Kyoto Common Lisp to the Amiga?
>
> This software requires a license, but is otherwise free.
>
> Dave Tenny

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if you read the distribution
notice for KCL, you will notice that the system occupies
"about 8.5 megabytes of disk space" once unpacked and compiled.
I don't recall offhand what the memory requirements are, but
there are not that many Amigas out there (yet) that can spare
that kind of space (read ... market very small, not much in it
for the person who does the port).  But if someone does it
anyway and makes it small enough as well, I too would be interested.

Rob Peck.