[comp.sys.amiga] Viacom

klm@munsell.UUCP (Kevin McBride) (06/30/87)

I just want to take this small amount of net bandwidth to publicly
congratulate Leo Schwab, the master Amiga hacker, on his latest
endeavor, "Viacom".

I moved it down to Amy at lunch time today, followed the *very* simple
instructions for building it, and then proceeded to laugh so hard that
the tuna salad sandwich I was trying to eat came out my nose.

Speculation on what you could come up with if you took on a serious
software project leaves me in awe.

Hats off to another fun "Schwabism."

Keep up the good work, Leo!!!  You'll be famous yet!!!

P.S.  I wonder if Viacom has any connection with Colony Cablevision
      in Lowell, MA.??

--
Kevin McBride         |Disclaimer:  These   | harvard -\
Eikonix - A Kodak Co. |  opinions are mine, | ll-xn ---adelie-----> munsell!klm

In article <1107@knopfler.munsell.UUCP> klm@munsell.UUCP (Kevin McBride) writes:

>I moved it down to Amy at lunch time today, followed the *very* simple
>instructions for building it, and then proceeded to laugh so hard that
>the tuna salad sandwich I was trying to eat came out my nose.

	Good grief!  Are you all right?  I didn't know my stuff could be
hazardous to your health.  Maybe I should put a Surgeon General's warning on
my stuff from now on.

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	ihnp4!ptsfa -\
 \_ -_	 Bike shrunk by popular demand,	      dual ---> !{well,unicom}!ewhac
O----^o	 But it's still the only way to fly.  hplabs / (pronounced "AE-wack")

wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) (07/04/87)

Speaking of cable systems...  I was recently on a visit to
Cincinatti.  Several of the Hotels there are on a cable network.
One of the offerings is "The Hotel Information Channel" or some
such-named thing.  It appears to be done on an Amiga with dpaint II
/ digiview images cycling with slideshow.  It was pretty nicely
done, and I bet was running on a pretty minimal hardware
configuration.  They did have one custom feature with the current
time and temperature overlaid on every screen, but that might have
been overlaid by some other equipment.

Fancy video options in hotels and motels seem to be pretty big in
hotel marketing these days.  Seems like there is some decent
opportunity to make money and sell Amigas since there are quite a
few motels and hotels that could be tapped.

I heard that our local Warner-Amex cable system is thinking about
getting an Amiga to run "viacom" since they recently went around
and tightened up all the fittings on their wires, and the picture
has, unfortunately, cleared up. :-)

Bill Mayhew
Division of Basic Medical Sciences
Northeastern Ohio Universities' College of Medicine
Rootstown (what a name!), OH  44272-9989  USA    phone: 216-325-2511
(wtm@neoucom.UUCP   ...!cbatt!neoucm!wtm)