[comp.sys.amiga] Help! Disk wont insert/WB problem

michael@stb.UUCP (Michael) (07/03/87)

I have a disk whose metal cover is slightly bent outwards, preventing it from
being accepted by the drive. Any ideas on what do to? (I cannot bend it back as
there is no room to push it).

Also, workbench (version 33.180) seems to love to die when moving an icon. Is
this my system, a known bug of 1.2, or what? (Death is about 25% of the time)

			Michael
--
: Michael Gersten		seismo!scgvaxd!stb!michael
: Monsters from outta space -- 3-11-2

lachac@topaz.rutgers.edu (Gerard Lachac) (07/06/87)

In article <1624@stb.UUCP> michael@stb.UUCP (Michael) writes:
>I have a disk whose metal cover is slightly bent outwards, preventing it from
>being accepted by the drive. Any ideas on what do to? (I cannot bend it back as
>there is no room to push it).

Rip that sucker off then.  The shutter is only to protect the magnetic media,
so remove it, copy the disk, and chuck the shutterless one away.  I've done
it a couple of times.

>Also, workbench (version 33.180) seems to love to die when moving an icon. Is
>this my system, a known bug of 1.2, or what? (Death is about 25% of the time)

I don't know about the bug, but your Workbench is kinda old, oughta see if
you can get a new one...

--
		"Truth is false and logic lost..."
					- Neil Peart