[comp.sys.amiga] A different kind of pirated software

mb@munnari.UUCP (07/07/87)

I and my family enjoy a number of David Addison's games, so I was rather
shocked by this, found in comp.sys.atari.st:

:From: omsi@reed.UUCP (OMSI)
:Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
:Subject: Parker Brothers VS David Addison...
:Date: 1 Jul 87 05:48:45 GMT
:
:Mega bummer dudes...
:
:I just got some bad news from Dave Addison about two of his programs,
:Monopoly and Millebourne.  It seems that Parker Brothers didn't like a
:game done so close to the look and rules of their game(s). They said it
:was a copyright infringment.  So rather than argue, Dave agreed to spread
:the (bad) news that all copies of his Monopoly and Millebourne are to be
:erased.  They now fall under the catagory of pirated software.
:
:[Don't reply to me, I'm just passing the news on.]

[So do I]
:Russell Schwartz

Michael Bednarek        (mb@munnari.oz.au | ...seismo.CSS.GOV!munnari!mb)
                    u3369429@{murdu.oz.au | ucsvc.dn.mu.oz.au}
      ...seismo.CSS.GOV!munnari!{murdu.oz | ucsvc.dn.mu.oz}!u3369429

"POST NO BILLS."