[comp.sys.amiga] Dev. Conf. Notes

blgardne@esunix.UUCP (06/15/87)

in article <2020@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP>, carolyn@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Carolyn Scheppner CATS) says:

>    We included the 8520 specs in the "Amiga Developer's Conference Notes"
> which are available for $20 (check made out to Commodore Business Machines)

Do the "Amiga Developer's Conference Notes" also include the
information on putting Kickstart in ROM? This was discussed some time
back, as I remember there were supposed to be three different ways of
doing this trick.

This is the first I've heard of the Developer's Conference notes being
available, how long have they been out?

How about a brief rundown on what information is included in the
package?
--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland
UUCP Address:   {ihnp4,decvax}!decwrl!esunix!blgardne

rossi@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Lisa Rossi CATS) (06/19/87)

In article <356@esunix.UUCP> blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) writes:

>Do the "Amiga Developer's Conference Notes" also include the
>information on putting Kickstart in ROM?

Yes, this informatin is included in the Developer's Conference Notes.

>This is the first I've heard of the Developer's Conference notes being
>available, how long have they been out?

The ADCN has been available for a few months now.

>How about a brief rundown on what information is included in the
>package?

At the ADC, we supplied the developers with a notebook containing information
that each conference speaker had put together, about his/her particular topic.
This information consisted of diagrams, outlines and additional notes on each
topic.
Because of the demand for information concerning what occurred at the ADC,
we rehashed the existing notes and are making them available to those who
could not make it to the conference.

Brief contents (what was covered at the conference):
Exec
Operating System Concepts by Perterson and Silberschatz
AmigaDOS/CLI
Developing a Workstation Environment for your Amiga by David Maynard (EA)
IFF
System Software Version 1.2
Version 1.2 Offsets
Amiga Programmer's Suite by RJ Mical
Graphics
3D Graphics/Ray Tracing
Software Expansion Architecture
Hardware
    Inside Amiga
    Ports
    Disk Information
    8520 spec
Midi Sound Synthesis
Efficient C Programming

To Order send check or money order to:
CBM
1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, Pa 19380
Attention:  Lauren Brown

Please state what you are ordering on the front envelope.

Lisa Rossi-Siracusa		Commodore Business Machines
				uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!rossi
				arpa: cbmvax!rossi@seismo.css.GOV
				or    rossi@cbmvax.UUCP@{seismo|harvard}
				tel : (215) 431-9180
--  a mime is a terrible thing to waste --

fdi@arnav.UUCP (Flight Dynamics) (06/22/87)

In article <356@esunix.UUCP>, blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) writes:

> This is the first I've heard of the Developer's Conference notes being
> available, how long have they been out?
>
> How about a brief rundown on what information is included in the
> package?

	How about a brief rundown on all of the information packages
	available from CATS?  I suspect that this info has been posted
	at various times in the past but I don't recall seeing a list
	that might be considered comprehensive.  Just an idea.

			Gary Albert
			Flight Dynamics, Inc.
			Guest on ...!tektronix!arnav
			...!tektronix!arnav!fdi

In article <356@esunix.UUCP> blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) writes:

> Do the "Amiga Developer's Conference Notes" also include the
> information on putting Kickstart in ROM? This was discussed some time
> back, as I remember there were supposed to be three different ways of
> doing this trick.

	Yes, this is included, or at least two of the ways of doing it.
	I'm not sure if there was really a third or someone was confused.

> How about a brief rundown on what information is included in the
> package?

	Oops, somebody carried of my copy so I can't put in the table of
	contents right now.  It's about 1" of single sided sheets, with
	lots of interesting info and diagrams.  Proabably worth the $20.