[comp.sys.amiga] Help! Prowrite <--> Okidata 92 troubles!!!

matt@utastro.UUCP (Billy Pilgrim) (06/24/87)

I just bought Prowrite recently, and have been having troubles dumping files
to my Okidata Printer.  Here's some of the symptoms:

   *  When printing plain text (Topaz 11), the computer sends an initialization
	character (P), which gets printed in column one of the first line --
	which ruins the alignment of the rest of the line.

   *  Every few lines, a double space is inserted for no apparent reason (it's
	not in the text file, and happens for all files).

   *  When printing in graphics mode, the program sends an initialization
	character (1 this time) every few lines (I don't have any output
	here, so I can't be quantitative).

The printer type I've selected is CMB_MPS1000, as was recommended in the
Amiga 1.2 Update Manual.  The Okidata was previously used in conjunction
with an IBM PC; I'm pretty sure that there's nothing wrong with it.  I've
tried toying with the Okidata dip switches, I've tried using other
printer drivers from the preferences printer menu, and nothing works!

If you can offer me any suggestions at all,  please do!!
Please e-mail me responses, and I'll post the solution when I know it!

    Matt A. Wood.
    Astronomy Dept, University of Texas, Austin TX 78712
    {allegra,ihnp4}!{ut-sally,noao}!utastro!matt	(UUCP)
    matt@astro.UTEXAS.EDU.				(Internet)
--
    matt@astro.UTEXAS.EDU.				(Intentend

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (07/18/87)

In article <1928@utastro.UUCP> matt@utastro.UUCP (Billy Pilgrim) writes:
>I just bought Prowrite recently, and have been having troubles dumping files
>to my Okidata Printer.  Here's some of the symptoms:

< deleted >

>The printer type I've selected is CMB_MPS1000, as was recommended in the
>Amiga 1.2 Update Manual.

There's 2 types of Okidata printers out there...an IBM5152 compatible one,
and an Okidata own code model.  The MPS-1000 driver works with the
IBM model.  You might have more luck with either the Okidata92
driver or possible the Okidata_292 driver.

			andy
--
andy finkel		{ihnp4|seismo|allegra}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will last at
least until we've finished building it."