[comp.sys.amiga] Copy protection ad nauseum

jmpiazza@sunybcs.uucp (Joseph M. Piazza) (07/18/87)

In article (Steven Den Beste) writes:

>Assume that I am a company with a software package to sell. I view the market
>as dividing into the following groups:
>
>A. HONEST USERS ... B. BORROWERS ... C. SOFT-CORE PIRATES ...
>D. HARD-CORE PIRATES ... E. NON-CUSTOMERS ...
>Every time I really analyze it ...

	I find it difficult to accept your views as an analysis since we
don't really know how many users fall into any catagories or how many
catagories they will fall into over time.

	So aside from your catagories all we are left with on this subject
are personal views, opinions, and rhetoric.  Enough!  Participants are
only listening to others' arguments long enough to state their own views.
Enough wasted bandwidth!  I'm sick of it (and so are many others though,
alas, I'm not sure how many either).  Participants are welcome to exchange
their views via email.

	joe piazza