[comp.sys.amiga] New Amiga 500/2000 Workbench / keymaps

ford@crash.CTS.COM (Michael Ditto) (07/19/87)

In article <122@ers.UUCP> neil@ers.UUCP (neil) writes:
>In article <13160@topaz.rutgers.edu>, lachac@topaz.rutgers.edu (Gerard Lachac) writes:
>>
>> :devs/Keymaps/ch1
>>
>> 	Very unlikely this is Chinese; may be Swiss or Czech.
>>
>Almost certainly swiss since the international auto sign for Switzerland
>is CH, short Cantonica Helvetica, scuse my latin roots.

It is Swiss; says so in the Manual.

>One of the really nice things about Commodore is its international
>approach to things. Gee I wish IBM would adopt sensible date formats,
>either universal yymmdd or ddmmyy or ddmonyy, but mmddyy is just plain
>stupid, but I suppose it's kept for hysterical reasons.

Beleive it or not, IBM PC-DOS & Ms.Dos have a "country code", and the
standard commands (like "dir") look at it and display the date appropriately.
Set it for England, for example, and you get (I think) dd-mm-yy.
--

Michael "Ford" Ditto				-=] Ford [=-
P.O. Box 1721					ford@crash.CTS.COM