[comp.sys.amiga] smart refresh

mike@ames.UUCP (Mike Smithwick) (07/21/87)

[insert generic witty line eater joke here]

I need to dynamically change a smart-refresh window to simple-refresh and
back again. This seemed simple enough, by merely toggling on/off the
SIMPLE_REFRESH flag in the window flag variable. No go sez the machine.
That is, the window was a smart as ever and refused to be lobotimized.

What am I doing wrong, or is it even possible to do such a thing without
closing the window and reopening it again.

--
				   *** mike (powered by M&Ms) smithwick ***
"ever felt like life was a game, and

In article <2389@ames.UUCP> mike@ames.UUCP (Mike Smithwick) writes:
>[insert generic witty line eater joke here]
>
>I need to dynamically change a smart-refresh window to simple-refresh and
>back again. This seemed simple enough, by merely toggling on/off the
>SIMPLE_REFRESH flag in the window flag variable. No go sez the machine.
>That is, the window was a smart as ever and refused to be lobotimized.

	Eat some M&M's, then have a look at the Layers chapter in the RKM.

	You will discover that the "intelligence" level of an Intuition
window is really controlled by the layers.library.  You can change your
layer's IQ by twiddling the LAYERSMART flag in the window's layer structure.
You should also twiddle the SIMPLE_REFRESH flag in the window structure as
well to keep things consistent.

	Note that there is probably some voodoo associated with this bit
twiddling.  I did it some time ago when I was trying to hack the workbench
backdrop window.  I can dig up my old work if you like (it's no trouble).

Leo L. Schwab -- The Guy in The Cape	ihnp4!ptsfa -\
 \_ -_	 Bike shrunk by popular demand,	      dual ---> !{well,unicom}!ewhac
O----^o	 But it's still the only way to fly.  hplabs / (pronounced "AE-wack")