[comp.sys.amiga] A2000 Zorro Typ B Laboratory Cards...

zofka@cernvax.UUCP (zofka) (07/22/87)

Hello All Amiga Freaks...

I'm a little developper on the Amiga (speaking French and writing English
so bad...) and I try to develop some usefull cards for the A2000...

If somebody of Commodore or from the Hardware Industry is reading this
News, he will probably help me..

I search Zorro Typ B Laboratory (for wrapping my prototypes) cards...

I can make it myself but (1) it takes times (2) I don't like to make
this kind of stupid work (3) Why don't use it if it exists !!!

Where ? How much ? Price ? Adress ?

(why don't Commodore give these facilities to hardware developpers in
europe ?)

I'm waiting for your reply......

Milan ZOFKA    CERN/EP
zofka@cernvax.UUCP
zofka@cernvm.bitnet
X25: 228468114057 zofka
vaxtec::zofka (cern decnet or node 22.68::zofka Physics decnet)

bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU (Bryce Nesbitt) (07/23/87)

In article <507@cernvax.UUCP> zofka@cernvax.UUCP () writes:

>I'm a little developper on the Amiga (speaking French and writing English
>so bad...) and I try to develop some usefull cards for the A2000...
>
>I search Zorro Typ B Laboratory (for wrapping my prototypes) cards...
>
>Where ? How much ? Price ? Adress ?

"and I am trying to develop some useful cards for the A2000..."
"I am searching for Zorro Type B prototyping cards..."

As of September, 1986 this company made 86 pin and Zorro expansion cards:

-------------
Delta Research
4054 Wilkie Way
Palo Alto, Ca  94306
USA
-------------
Telephone:
415-856-3669
------------
The cost was $49.95 (US)

I found the board to be well designed and of high quality.

|\ /|  . Ack! (NAK, EOT, SOH)
{o O} .
( " )	bryce@cogsci.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!cogsci!bryce
  U	"Success leads to stagnation; stagnation leads to failure."

In article <507@cernvax.UUCP> zofka@cernvax.UUCP () writes:

> I'm a little developper on the Amiga (speaking French and writing English
> so bad...) and I try to develop some usefull cards for the A2000...
>
> If somebody of Commodore or from the Hardware Industry is reading this
> News, he will probably help me..
>
> I search Zorro Typ B Laboratory (for wrapping my prototypes) cards...
>
> I can make it myself but (1) it takes times (2) I don't like to make
> this kind of stupid work (3) Why don't use it if it exists !!!
>
> (why don't Commodore give these facilities to hardware developpers in
> europe ?)

I hope you can find a vendor that is offering these cards.  We don't offer
them in Europe (or the USA for that matter) because we don't have any!  These
days, with computer-aided schematic entry and PC board layout, it's quicker
and less expensive (or at least less painful) to do the first prototype of an
expansion or system board directly as a PC board.  While the board will not
be 100% right, most everything is connected correctly and changes aren't that
difficult.