[comp.sys.amiga] Need Source For IFF Pager

nevets@ihlpm.ATT.COM (Steven R Ringwood) (08/04/87)

I know i have seen the source for a program that displays
IFF pictures on the screen (ex. slide show).  I am looking for the
source for such a program so that i can modify it to be
controlled from a MIDI interface.

The thought is to use a control file, that associates a given
note with a given picture.  When that note comes over the MIDI
interface the picture would be displayed.

If you can help me out please send mail to ihnp4!ihlpm!nevets

				Thanks
				Steve Ringwood

In article <1305@ihlpm.ATT.COM> (Steven R Ringwood) writes:
>The thought is to use a control file, that associates a given
>note with a given picture.  When that note comes over the MIDI
>interface the picture would be displayed.

One of the things I like about SoundScape is the ability to add modules
to the system fairly easily (See Amazing Computing V2, #5, pp 27).
Soundscape takes care of the MIDI stuff for you, and you can just sit
and wait for the Note events for displaying a picture. All of the
IFF readers I have used (including uShow which is probably the fastest)
are pretty slow. You might want to preload some images into fast ram and
allocate enough chip ram for a picture buffer. Then when the note arrives
you could move the picture into the buffer really quickly. (About .04
seconds for a low res picture using mov.w	(An)+,(Am)+ ).

--Chuck McManis