[comp.sys.amiga] Flash! Amigas used by Russians and God!

bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU (08/05/87)

Hollywood continues to find more and more uses for the Amiga.  The latest
example has Russian spies using an Amiga (there oughtaa be a law...).  [CBS
Late Movie, "Hot Shots"]

Broderbund software's print ads feature a stylized Amiga on the facing page
to desciptions of their Apple and IBM software.  Broderbund does not sell
any software for the Amiga.  They did, however, use an Amiga to create
at least some of their Apple IIgs "screen shots".  (Take a close look at
their most recent catalogue, it's a laugh).

And, most significantly, there is now positive proof that God, the
almighty, uses an Amiga.  But to see that picture your will need to read
"Analog"...

lachac@topaz.rutgers.edu (Gerard Lachac) (08/06/87)

In article <8708050803.AA26481@cogsci.berkeley.edu> bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU writes:

>Broderbund software's print ads feature a stylized Amiga on the facing page
>to desciptions of their Apple and IBM software.  Broderbund does not sell
>any software for the Amiga.  They did, however, use an Amiga to create
>at least some of their Apple IIgs "screen shots".  (Take a close look at
>their most recent catalogue, it's a laugh).

It's funny you mentioned this, it reminds me of the TIME magazine article I
read a week or two back.  (I think it was the last week of July)

There was an article about how executives are using their PC's to play
games.  They went on to describe some games like golf simulations, war
simulations, Balance of Power and Starflight to name a few.  The funny thing
was, that the article mentioned two "business" PC's, the IBM PC and the Mac.

HOWEVER the two pictures that went with the article were scenes from Mean 18
by Accolade and Balance of Power, both unmistakebly taken from the Amiga
version of said games. *SIGH* and Rodney says HE get's no respect.

--
		"Truth is false and logic lost..."
					- Neil Peart

elg@killer.UUCP (Eric Green) (08/08/87)

in article <8708050803.AA26481@cogsci.berkeley.edu>, bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU says:
$ Broderbund software's print ads feature a stylized Amiga on the facing page
$ to desciptions of their Apple and IBM software.  Broderbund does not sell
$ any software for the Amiga.  They did, however, use an Amiga to create
$ at least some of their Apple IIgs "screen shots".  (Take a close look at
$ their most recent catalogue, it's a laugh).

A friend, whose specialty is graphics, writes programs for the Amiga and
is working for Broderbund...  wonder if we'll see anything? Real Soon Now?
--
Eric Green   elg%usl.CSNET     Ollie North for President:
{cbosgd,ihnp4}!killer!elg      A man we can believe (in).