[comp.sys.amiga] More Recordable Amiga Video

bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU (Bryce Nesbitt) (08/08/87)

In article <22@lzfme.UUCP> ralph@lzfme.UUCP (R.BRANDI) writes:
>In article <3355@venera.isi.edu>, schur@venera.isi.edu.UUCP writes:
>>
>> Someone mentioned that a genlock attachment was available for the Amiga.
>> Does anyone know what form this genlock attachment takes? Who makes it?
>> Approximate cost? I spoke to several dealers in the L.A. area who knew
>> nothing.
>  ^^^^^^^  Lots of computer dealers really should sell used cars. :-)
>
>The genlock peripheral hooks on to the back of the Amiga 1000,
>connecting to the RGB output, I believe.  The form factor makes it
>difficult to connect to a 500.

Mimetics advertises "ImaGen" a genlock adapter that is of a form factor
to fit all Amigas (A500,A1000,A2000).  Retail is listed at $179 for either
the NTSC or PAL flavors.  It plugs into the RGB port.

[Mimetics Corporation, P.O. Box 60238 Sta. A, Palo Alto, Ca  94306, 408-
741-0117]

I'd like to hear from anyone who has actually used this.  I only have second
or third hand rumors that say it's much better than the official Commodore
genlock.

-----
|\ /|  . Ack! (NAK, EOT, SOH)
{o O} .