[comp.sys.amiga] Bug in 1.2: The Stubborn Pixel

mort@ihuxb.ATT.COM (Dubman) (08/07/87)

Could this be a bug in KS/WB 1.2?  It's a bug in something!

At random times, a small dot - we're talking single pixel - appears near the
upper right hand corner of a CLI window.  The dot DOES NOT scroll.  It cannot
be erased by text.  If I shrink the window and re-expand it, it disappears.
The dot has no harmful effects, although it is a little annoying.  It
happens only with CLI windows.

Having lots of experience with the way operating systems work, this worries
me; it may be only the rash of a greater disease.  How many dots are being
plotted in off-screen memory?  Maybe it is only a bug in the text renderer,
maybe something much deeper, maybe a bug in the 68000, maybe a bug in
nature...

"The bit stops here"				Jonathan Dubman
						USENET: ihnp4!ihuxa!mort

I am not Mort Dubman, as it says above.  I am his son, using his account to
post this message.

andrew@alberta.UUCP (Andrew Folkins) (08/10/87)

In article <1445@ihuxb.ATT.COM> mort@ihuxb.UUCP (Dubman,M.) writes:
>At random times, a small dot - we're talking single pixel - appears near the
>upper right hand corner of a CLI window.  The dot DOES NOT scroll.  It cannot
[...]
>"The bit stops here"				Jonathan Dubman
>						USENET: ihnp4!ihuxa!mort
>
>I am not Mort Dubman, as it says above.  I am his son, using his account to
>post this message.

Gee, and I thought that I had a slightly flakey RAM chip. The same thing
happens to me, about two inches down and an inch from the right.  Is
this happening to anyone else out there?

One more thing, was that an Amiga I saw in "The Living Daylights" where
007 is taking to "Q" in the lab?  There's an out-of-focus computer behind
Q that looks a lot like one.  Too bad they never use it.

--
Andrew Folkins    ...ihnp4!alberta!andrew    53 24' N, 113 30' W
The University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada