[comp.sys.amiga] Workbench -1.-1 ?

bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU (Bryce Nesbitt) (08/15/87)

In article <2338@calmasd.GE.COM> jay@calmasd.GE.COM (Jay Almarode) writes:

> and lo and behold, it told me I was using Kickstart
> version 33.180 (no big deal) and Workbench version -1.-1 (?).
> Does anyone out there know what this is? ...A worm?...

The file "libs:version.library" is missing from your Workbench disk.  Perhaps
you should go back to your source disk, and rebuild.  (This ensures that
you *actualy* are using the lastest version of things)

> Diskdoctor tells me it's a hard track error on tracks...
> It seems strange that I would experience the same problem with both
> drives at once, and that doing a write would actually destroy the
> medium.

It's not destryoing the medium.  A "hard error" means diskdoctor tried
to write to the track, then verify it, but it came up bad.  You Amiga
needs profesional help.

|\ /|  . Ack! (NAK, EOT, SOH)
{o O} .
( " )	bryce@cogsci.berkeley.EDU -or- ucbvax!cogsci!bryce
  U	"Success leads to stagnation; stagnation leads to failure."