[comp.sys.amiga] Probably redundant help request

denbeste@cc5.bbn.com.BBN.COM (Steven Den Beste) (08/16/87)

Hokay, I'm sure that these are questions that have been dealt with before,
so don't post answers to the net. Please mail to me, and if you want a copy
of the answers I get, mail that to me also and I'll respond.
(Also, I'm about to go on vacation and will miss posted answers anyway, since
we have a 6-day roll-over on news.)

1. Is there any way to make a double-clicked icon execute the Amigados version
of a shell script?

2. Is there any way to make the startup-sequence RUN workbench programs such
as "pm" from the Extras 1.2 file and still finish and yield up control to me?
(In other words, I want my system disk to boot with the clock running on
screen...)
--

     Steven C. Den Beste
     Bolt Beranek & Newman, Cambridge MA

I don't think BBN cares what I think about this stuff.

lachac@topaz.rutgers.edu (Gerard Lachac) (08/17/87)

In article <353@cc5.bbn.com.BBN.COM> denbeste@cc5.bbn.com.BBN.COM (Steven Den Beste) writes:
>1. Is there any way to make a double-clicked icon execute the Amigados version
>of a shell script?

Yes.  First a general suggestion, go to the nearest bookstore and pick up a
copy of Amazing Computing.  In the back you will find a list of the Fish disks
complete with program descriptions.  A program called IconEXEC or something
similar is on one that ties a script file to an icon.

>2. Is there any way to make the startup-sequence RUN workbench programs such
>as "pm" from the Extras 1.2 file and still finish and yield up control to me?
>(In other words, I want my system disk to boot with the clock running on
>screen...)

Yes, there is a program called RUNBACK availble on another Fish disk that
does just this.  I use it to start up DropShadow in my startup-sequence.

--
		"Truth is false and logic lost..."
					- Neil Peart