[comp.sys.amiga] Using 3.5" drives in an IBM MS-DOS format

NU101679@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Joe Kraft) (08/15/87)

3.5" drives in an MS-DOS format?  What I want to do is download programs
to my Amiga and save them in a format that can be read by my friend with
the IBM.  Then instead of having huge long distance phone bills, he just
needs to buy the stamps to get stuff from the local BBS's where I am.

    Just send me any replies, and I'll send whatever I get to anyone who
expresses interest.

                             Thanx,
                              Joe.

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (08/18/87)

In article <262NU101679@NDSUVM1> NU101679@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Joe Kraft) writes:
>3.5" drives in an MS-DOS format?  What I want to do is download programs
>to my Amiga and save them in a format that can be read by my friend with
>the IBM.  Then instead of having huge long distance phone bills, he just
>needs to buy the stamps to get stuff from the local BBS's where I am.

  Providing your friend can read 720K MS-DOS disks and that you have more than
  one 3.5" drive, I suggest you use "Dos-2-Dos". It allows you to define one
  external 3.5" drive as a MS-DOS drive with options like format (720K MS-DOS),
  copy (w/wildcards), delete, type, directory, ect....
  You would have to download the files to AMIGA formated disk(s) then using
  Dos-2-Dos - format a MS-DOS disk and copy the files from AMIGA disk to the
  MS-DOS disk.

 Dos-2-Dos - Central Coast Software 268 Bowie Drive, Los Osos, CA (805)528-4906

|  Commodore Business Machines						     |
|  1200 Wilson Drive               uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!schein   |
|  West Chester, PA 19380          arpa: cbmvax!schein@seismo.css.GOV        |
|  (215) 431-9384                  or    schein@cbmvax.UUCP@{seismo|harvard} |
|   All spelling mistakes are a result of my efforts to avoid education :-)  |
|  Quote: Those who worked the hardest         Gary Ward - Oklahoma State    |
|	   are the last to surrender                       baseball coach    |