[comp.sys.amiga] distressed printer user

crispino@kodak.UUCP (steve crispino) (08/17/87)

Has anyone had luck using an Imagewriter II printer with an A1000?  I'm having
problems with lost characters and tabs.  I'd appreciate any comments.

Cheers,
	steve
{rochester!kodak!crispino}
{rochester!ritcv!ritisis!sjc4493}

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (08/18/87)

In article <915@kodak.UUCP> crispino@kodak.UUCP (steve crispino) writes:

>Has anyone had luck using an Imagewriter II printer with an A1000?  I'm having
>problems with lost characters and tabs.  I'd appreciate any comments.
>
>Cheers,
>	steve
>{rochester!kodak!crispino}
>{rochester!ritcv!ritisis!sjc4493}

	The Imagewriter II does not seem to hold off the computer correctly
in XON/XOFF mode.  Set the printer and preferences to RTS/CTS mode.  All\
should work then.  If it doesn't, you may have blown the output chips
on the printer.  Listed below is a company that sells a cable that goes
directly from an A1000 to an Apple Imagewriter II.  We use one here at
CBM and it seems to work fine.

Redmond Cable
17371-A1 NE. 67th
Redmond, WA  98052
(206) 882-2009

	I make this posting as a public service.  This posting is not
meant to be an ad for the above company.