[comp.sys.amiga] Superstar Computer Endorsements

duane@toto.uucp (Duane Day [too many notes?]) (08/22/87)

In article <129@osupyr.UUCP> czei@osupyr.UUCP (Michael S Czeiszperger) writes:

>This could start a whole new trend in marketing.  High gloss prime time
>personal endorsements of personal computers by mega recording artists:
>
>	Peter Gabriel in concert - Sponsored by X Brand Computer
>
>The scene would consist of a fake concert spot featuring close ups of
>Pete typing on a PC has he sings his latest pop single.

Actually, I doubt if Peter Gabriel has any such *endorsements* in mind, but
I do remember reading about a month ago that he'd just bought an ST.  When
asked why he'd need such a system, given the sophistication of the Fairlight
system he already owns, his reply was to the effect that he likes to have as
many different tools as possible for composition.  The article also mentioned
that the populist appeal of the ST would be attractive to Peter, although I
don't believe they bothered asking him about this point.

I can't imagine Peter Gabriel in a fake concert spot of any sort.  I assume
you were joking about this.  If anybody in the rock spotlight has the
integrity to avoid this, I am sure it is Peter Gabriel.  Of course, if
Atari was willing to donate a few million bucks to Amnesty International, I
guess he might consider it.

Atari, are you listening???  Why don't you just go ahead and give Amnesty
the millions, and we'll see if you get a big endorsement...  :-)

--
************************ |UUCP: {hplabs, decwrl}!sun!{misun, toto}!duane
..but one of the choices | COM: duane%misun@sun.com