[comp.sys.amiga] mak'*in*tosh Computer/Amplifier

markh@rtech.UUCP (Mark Hanner) (08/25/87)

In article <671@neoucom.UUCP> wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) writes:
>.......................(where did they ever come up with MacIntosh
>anyway? Is the spelling of the edible type of apple copyrighted?
>8:-) )...........

oh that's a great topic: amplifiers...it's because "McIntosh"--as in,
the best amplifiers ever made--is already copyrighted. i still think
its sacreligious to spell it with the "i" lowercase; anyone know of
any copyrights on "MacIntosh" with a big "I?"

in the recent debate about amps ("get a bass guitar amp for your
synth") it occurred to me that the top of the line amp/eq/etc.
equipment for home stereo might just fill the bill for the wide
frequency response needed by these beasts. if its good enough for
the living room, it ought to be good enough for anywhere else...
looks like i can get a nice 100 watts x 2 ch and a 8 band x 2 ch
for about 500 bucks. i don't particularly care that people sneer at the
funny brand name, and i'd actually like to avoid any "tube sound"
or other effects (is a fender twin an "effect?") since i've got all
these zillions of little boxes lying around here that i'd like to
faithfully recreate. anyone have any idea what the trade-offs between
"home audio" and "pro musician audio" equipment are?

cheers,
mark
--
markh@rtech.UUCP