[comp.sys.amiga] Dealers in the Chicago area

rre@ihlpg.ATT.COM (Velveteen Rabbit Corps) (08/11/87)

Hi.

I've seen Amigas in pictures, seen 'em in Byte, seen 'em in Consumer Reports
(which really does a *bad* job of reviewing computers, or is it just me?)

BUT I've never seen 'em in person.  They look interesting, and neat, and
I *may* want to get one.  The problem is that I can't get the Apple //gs
I wanted (due to lack of funds) and I have to wait a year (or two). In
the meantime, I plan to keep track of all my options, and keep an open
mind on the market.

I want color, which is why I went for the //gs and not a Mac. I still don't
really want a Mac, if onlyt because I want color. A Mac II...yes, that would
be nice. I've *seen* and *touched* a Mac II. I've never seen an Amiga.

Does anyone know of any dealers in the Chicago area or nearby that sell
Amigas? I don't want to buy a computer before I actually touch it and use
it for at least an afternoon. I wanted the //gs because I was able to use
it for an afternoon and say "I want!" I know the Amiga (at least the A2000)
is more expensive than the //gs, but if I'm waiting until I'm full-time,
out of school, etc. anything (even the Mac II) is an option.

So, if you know of a dealer near Chicago (or in Chicago), please send me
the name and addresss. (And yes, I've let my finters do the walking
and the yellow pages had nil for Commodore Amigas or Atari St's.)

Hasta,
Roger Espinosa

--
		Roger R. Espinosa
		Live from the Rabbit Ranch

jdow@gryphon.UUCP (08/15/87)

In article <3626@ihlpg.ATT.COM> rre@ihlpg.ATT.COM (Velveteen Rabbit Corps) writes:

>Hi.
>

>Does anyone know of any dealers in the Chicago area or nearby that sell
>Amigas? I don't want to buy a computer before I actually touch it and use
>it for at least an afternoon. I wanted the //gs because I was able to use
>it for an afternoon and say "I want!" I know the Amiga (at least the A2000)
>is more expensive than the //gs, but if I'm waiting until I'm full-time,
>So, if you know of a dealer near Chicago (or in Chicago), please send me
>the name and addresss. (And yes, I've let my finters do the walking
>and the yellow pages had nil for Commodore Amigas or Atari St's.)
>
>Hasta,
>Roger Espinosa

Well, Roger, you may be in trouble. Les Noland of bix (lnoland there) has
complained about the dearth of Amiga related stores in the windy city. He
mentions one where he bought his machine and another where he can find some
software. But that's supposedly about all.

As a result I am anxiously awaiting replys to this as well so i can relate
them to Les.
<@_@>
	jdow@bix
	jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM

In article <3626@ihlpg.ATT.COM> rre@ihlpg.ATT.COM (Velveteen Rabbit Corps) writes:

> I've seen Amigas in pictures, seen 'em in Byte, seen 'em in Consumer Reports
> (which really does a *bad* job of reviewing computers, or is it just me?)
>
> BUT I've never seen 'em in person.
>
> Does anyone know of any dealers in the Chicago area or nearby that sell
> Amigas?

The Chicago area doesn't seem to be over populated by Amiga dealers.  Try the
following:

Computerland
  Arlington Hights
  Niles
  Park Ridge

ICV Data
  Mundelein

Software Plus
  Wheeling
  Hannover Park

Illini Microcomptuers
  Naperville

Sorry if I've left any out, I'm not familiar with the Chicago area suburbs,
also all I know is that these are "authorized" dealers, exact status unknown.