[comp.sys.amiga] Phantasie

kfried@misdevelop.UUCP (Ken Fried) (08/24/87)

I just purchased a fantasy role playing games called Phantasie from SSI.
The game does not seem to work with expanded memory (i.e. > 512K).

Is there any way to 'de-utilize' my extra 2 megs of memory without
unplugging my board!

Ken Fried

mikec@cbmvax.UUCP (Mike Colligon QA) (08/27/87)

In article <575@misdevelop.UUCP> kfried@misdevelop.UUCP (Ken Fried) writes:
>I just purchased a fantasy role playing games called Phantasie from SSI.
>The game does not seem to work with expanded memory (i.e. > 512K).
>
>Is there any way to 'de-utilize' my extra 2 megs of memory without
>unplugging my board!
>
>Ken Fried

Amiga memory expansion designers usually have a utility to turm off expansion
memory.  Commodore supplies one with the A500 and A2000 on the Workbench disk.
Cltd supplies a floppy with this and other utilities on it.  If you received a
disk with the memory expansion unit, check it for a file (hopefully with an
icon) called something similar to NoFastMem or RamOnOff.  Hope this helps.

|  Michael Colligon                  uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!mikec    |
|  Quality Assurance Dept.           arpa: cbmvax!mikec@seismo.css.GOV         |
|  Commodore Business Machines        or   mikec@cbmvax.UUCP@{seismo|harvard}  |
| "I say we take off; nuke the site from orbit.  Its the only way to be sure." |
|                                Corporal Hicks                                |