[comp.sys.amiga] Whatever happened to ACTION_SET_DATE and where would it be documented?

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (08/27/87)

I pulled a copy of a public domain make from the comp.sources.amiga
archives (volume1).  There's also a binary, (which I haven't tested yet),
but I tried to compile it anyway.  There's a touch routine in there,
easily rewritable, that uses the dos_packet() Manx library function to
send an ACTION_SET_DATE packet.  Using my permuted index, I found it in
SYS1:include/libraries/dosextens.h.  There are a lot of ACTIONS
such as ACTION_DIE, ACTION_RENAME_DISK, and so forth.

I'm curious.  Was this in 1.1 but removed in 1.2?  It sounds like a useful
function.  I can't find documentation for the ACTION packets in any of
the 4 Addison Wesley/CBM manuals, the AmigaDOS 1.2 manual, or the Amiga
Programmer's manual Vol 1 from Sybex.  Did I just miss it or is it really
not there?  Should I look a little harder?

Sean

--
--  Sean Casey                    sean@ms.uky.edu,    {uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!sean
--  (the Empire guy)              sean@ms.uky.csnet,  sean@UKMA.BITNET

ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP (Daniel Jay Barrett) (08/29/87)

In article <7169@g.ms.uky.edu> sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
>I pulled a copy of a public domain make from the comp.sources.amiga
>archives (volume1).  There's a touch routine in there,
>easily rewritable, that uses the dos_packet() Manx library function to
>send an ACTION_SET_DATE packet.
>
>I'm curious.  Was this in 1.1 but removed in 1.2?
>Did I just miss it or is it really not there?

	I can't find it either (I have the same "make" and I can't
compile it).  Could somebody please clear this up?  I tried contacting
the author of this "make", to no avail (no answer).
	Sean, did you ever actually compile "make"?
---
Dan Barrett	ins_adjb@jhunix.UUCP
		barrett@hopkins-eecs-bravo.arpa

acphssrw@csun.UUCP (09/02/87)

As the porter (NOT the author) of the PD Make in the comp.sources.amiga
archives, I thought I'd answer the queries.  ACTION_SET_DATE was left
out of the Manx 3.40a include files by mistake.  Simply add the lines:

#ifdef AMIGA
#ifndef ACTION_SET_DATE
#define ACTION_SET_DATE 1006L
#endif
#endif

to the include file and you're on your way.
				Steve Walton, acphssrw@csun.UUCP
				...!psivax!csun!acphssrw