[comp.sys.amiga] VANILLAKEY question

	I *would* like to use the VANILLAKEY IDCMP, but it doesn't seem to
pass function or cursor keys.  Anybody know anything about this?

				-Matt

carroll@unirot.UUCP (mark carroll) (08/30/87)

In article <8708282329.AA16259@cory.Berkeley.EDU> dillon@CORY.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:

>	I *would* like to use the VANILLAKEY IDCMP, but it doesn't seem to
>pass function or cursor keys.  Anybody know anything about this?

VANNILAKEY only passes things which translate to single characters. So no
function keys, or keypad keys with are readable with it.
.
.
.Filler
.
.

>				-Matt

			<MC>

<MC>=Mark C. Carroll: Rutgers University CS Student; Unemployed Hacker

gary@eddie.MIT.EDU (Gary Samad) (09/04/87)

}In article <8708282329.AA16259@cory.Berkeley.EDU> dillon@CORY.BERKELEY.EDU (Matt Dillon) writes:
}>
}>	I *would* like to use the VANILLAKEY IDCMP, but it doesn't seem to
}>pass function or cursor keys.  Anybody know anything about this?
}>

That's right.  Use RAWKEYS and the new 1.2 function RawKeyConvert to
easily handle function and cursor keys as well as handle normal
old plain and simple ASCII.

	Gary