[comp.sys.amiga] Un binhexing files

bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU (Bryce Nesbitt) (09/04/87)

In article <6137@apple.UUCP> kateley@apple.UUCP (Jim Kateley) writes:
)
) Hi, I need some help concerning binhexed files.  I grabbed
) a vt100 emulator from comp.binaries.amiga for a friend of
) mine who has an amiga and sent it to him.
) Is there a program he needs?  Could you tell me where it is?

Those file are uuencoded.  The uudecode program can be found on most UNIX
systems or native to the Amiga on FISH disk #53.  The FISH disk are a series
of freely redistributable disks numbering in the high 80's or low 90's.
Many stores, most user groups and lots of other place have them.  Or,
you can go to the source:

To obtain a list of all disks currently available in the AMIGA library,
and ordering information, send a preaddressed mailing label and 3 loose
first class stamps to:

	Fred Fish		******* Note new address! *******
	1346 W. 10th Place
	Tempe, Az  85281

A small service charge is made to cover the cost of disk, mailing
materials, postage, and associated miscellaneous expenses.

[ I think sending $5, a disk and a request for disk #53 will do.  That may
have changed, however. ]
)Thanks, )Jim Kateley )kateley@apple.csnet ){sun,?}!apple!kateley

oo
-- <- Temprary .signature until the real one starts working.

fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) (09/04/87)

In article <8709032208.AA02172@hoser.berkeley.edu> bryce@COGSCI.BERKELEY.EDU (Bryce Nesbitt) writes:
>systems or native to the Amiga on FISH disk #53.  The FISH disk are a series
>of freely redistributable disks numbering in the high 80's or low 90's.

Soon to be about 100 to 104, watch for an announcement this weekend.

>To obtain a list of all disks currently available in the AMIGA library,
>and ordering information, send a preaddressed mailing label and 3 loose
>first class stamps to:

This has changed slightly.  Because it was costing more to print and mail
the printed version of the catalog, than to send a disk based catalog,
I've switched over to the disk form.  This also statisfies requests for
an electronic form of the catalog.  There is no charge for the FIRST catalog
disk, but I'll probably catch you if you order a new one every week. :-)
Once you get the first catalog disk, you can dup it, send it back, and I'll
hold it until the next batch of disks is released, update it, and send it
back to you to continue the cycle again.

The preaddressed mailing label is no longer necessary either, since I've
finally got a computerized system in place that prints the labels (hey,
my Mac-II has nothing better to do at the moment, some people have
commented that  this seems like fitting duty for a Mac :-).

-Fred
--
= Drug tests; just say *NO*!
= Fred Fish  Motorola Computer Division, 3013 S 52nd St, Tempe, Az 85282  USA