[comp.sys.amiga] Questions about tools, SCSI-interface etc

@chalmers.UUCP (09/02/87)

+ Lattice C-compiler 4.0
    Saw an add in AmigaWorld about Lattice c-compiler version 4.0
    Anybody who has seen or tested it? Whats new from 3.10 ?
    Whats the upgrade policy?

+ PowerWindows
    Inovatronics had an other add about PowerWindows.
    What do they mean when they say it "support Modula-2". Does it
    produce source-code in Modula-2?
    Anybody who has tested it?

+ Debugger
    Are there any debuggers for C or Modula-2 for the Amiga. After
    I seen Lightspeed Pascal for the Mac I don't see any reason why
    Amiga programmers must keep to 'ERROR 121' etc.

+ Genlock
    Anybody knows anything about the Genlock for A2000 (called A2300)
    How is the quality of the video-signal? Does it support 512 lines?
    High solution?

+ SCSI-interfaces
    I'm interested in buying a SCSI-interface (hard+software) for my
    Amiga1000. But I don't want to have an interface that just fits for
    one suppliers harddisks. Are there any general SCSI-interfaces.
    Seen any 'do-it-your-self' kits or schematics ?

    * Tycho Sjoegren                                                     *
    * Electronic Systems Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, *
    * S-412 96 Gotenburg, Sweden                                         *
    * UUCP:  tycho@elsys.sunet.se OR tycho@elsys.chalmers.se             *
    * SUNET: ELSYS::TYCHO                                                *

In article <87921332.NEWSMGR@elsys.chalmers.se>, elsys::NEWSMGR writes:
> + Debugger
>     Are there any debuggers for C or Modula-2 for the Amiga. After
>     I seen Lightspeed Pascal for the Mac I don't see any reason why
>     Amiga programmers must keep to 'ERROR 121' etc.

What's a debugger have to do with readable error messages? I must admit that
there are a whole bunch of error codes on this machine... Anyone for an error
message server? NE1-4-10-S?

> + SCSI-interfaces
>     I'm interested in buying a SCSI-interface (hard+software) for my
>     Amiga1000. But I don't want to have an interface that just fits for
>     one suppliers harddisks. Are there any general SCSI-interfaces.
>     Seen any 'do-it-your-self' kits or schematics ?

There are a couple of do-it-yourself's out there. One posted an ad to the net.
The C.Ltd one is supposed to be pretty generic. Works with Mac drives and
all...
--
-- Peter da Silva `-_-' ...!seismo!soma!uhnix1!sugar!peter
--                 'U`  <-- Public domain wolf.