[comp.sys.amiga] Little Computer People and 1.2

denbeste@cc5.bbn.com.BBN.COM (Steven Den Beste) (09/13/87)

Actually, your observed behavior with LCP was exactly correct. The person
walks aroune (invisibly!) and looks the place over. Only later does he appear.
By rebooting, you skipped a step.

This has nothing at all to do with 1.1 versus 1.2. I've always run my copy with
1.2.
--

     Steven C. Den Beste
     Bolt Beranek & Newman, Cambridge MA

I don't think BBN cares what I think about this stuff.

ali@rocky.STANFORD.EDU (Ali Ozer) (09/13/87)

In article <213@cc5.bbn.com.BBN.COM> Steven Den Beste writes:
>Actually, your observed behavior with LCP was exactly correct. The person
>walks aroune (invisibly!) and looks the place over. Only later does he
>appear. By rebooting, you skipped a step.

No, I think LCP does have a problem with 1.2 (or most probably extended
memory). When we ran it originally, the disk was write-protected, so the
game couldn't have saved any state info. Then when we ran with 1.1, the
exact sequence of events took place. (Waited about a minute, the door
opened, we heard footsteps, the file cabinet opened and closed...) But
this time we actually had a visible LCP doing all the work!

Ali Ozer, ali@rocky.stanford.edu