[comp.sys.amiga] Cable Diagrams?

NETOPRHM@NCSUVM.BITNET (Hal Meeks) (09/10/87)

I will be buying an Amiga real soon now, (within the next month) and
have had a chance to see a Sony KV 1311CR connected to one. I think
it is the monitor I want to get. I realise that I can get the funky
cable to connect the two from Redmond Cable, but since I am used to
making my own, I'd rather do so. I need the pinouts and connections.
   On a similar note--is anyone out there using an Imagewriter II?
I am thinking of getting one, because : I have had a fair amount
of experience with them;  I will be buying the Magic Sac emulator as
soon as it is available and I am possibly deluded into thinking that
I can coax it to do color. I would appreciate any remarks anyone may
have about it, and the cable connections for it if they may have them.

All responses will be greatly appreciated....
Hal

mikec@cbmvax.UUCP (Mike Colligon QA) (09/12/87)

In article <164NETOPRHM@NCSUVM> NETOPRHM@NCSUVM.BITNET (Hal Meeks) writes:
>I will be buying an Amiga real soon now, (within the next month) and
>have had a chance to see a Sony KV 1311CR connected to one. I think
>it is the monitor I want to get. I realise that I can get the funky
>cable to connect the two from Redmond Cable, but since I am used to
>making my own, I'd rather do so. I need the pinouts and connections.

When you buy your Amiga and your Sony each should have a diagram for their
connector (I know the Amiga does).  The connections should be very easy.  You
may have some trouble finding a supplier of 23-pin D-shell connectors.  I know
others have had similar trouble finding them.

>On a similar note--is anyone out there using an Imagewriter II?
>I am thinking of getting one, because : I have had a fair amount
>of experience with them;  I will be buying the Magic Sac emulator as
>soon as it is available and I am possibly deluded into thinking that
>I can coax it to do color. I would appreciate any remarks anyone may
>have about it, and the cable connections for it if they may have them.

I have used the Imagewriter II and it seems to work fine.  If you buy an A500
or A2000 a standard IBM PC cable should work just fine (pins are the same and
connector is the same sex).  If you find an A1000 (not an easy task as all or
most dealers seem to be sold out :-) ) then the connector's sex will be
different, but the pins you need for serial printing are located in the same
place.  All you should need is a sex changer.

>All responses will be greatly appreciated....
>Hal

Hope this helps.

|  Michael Colligon                  uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!mikec    |
|  Quality Assurance Dept.           arpa: cbmvax!mikec@seismo.css.GOV         |
|  Commodore Business Machines        or   mikec@cbmvax.UUCP@{seismo|harvard}  |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| "I say we take off; nuke the site from orbit.  Its the only way to be sure." |
|                                Corporal Hicks                                |

mjb@pnet02.CTS.COM (Martin Brown) (09/13/87)

Good luck finding a Sony KV 1311CR, they're out of production. Be prepared
tp search long and hard for one.              - Martin Brown -

UUCP: {ihnp4!crash, hplabs!hp-sdd!crash}!gryphon!pnet02!mjb
INET: mjb@pnet02.CTS.COM

richard@gryphon.UUCP (09/13/87)

In article <1520@gryphon.CTS.COM> mjb@pnet02.CTS.COM (Martin Brown) writes:
>Good luck finding a Sony KV 1311CR, they're out of production. Be prepared
>to search long and hard for one.              - Martin Brown -

Oh horsefeathers! Adrays in L.A. still has them in stock. Phone around.
Call Sony.
--
Richard J. Sexton
INTERNET:     richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

"It's too dark to put the key in my ignition..."