[comp.sys.amiga] 16 million colors?!?!?!?

In article <2320@cbmvax.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:

>> Commodore? What are your plans for the 2000 and graphics?
>
>At this point, the A2000 is an A1000 compatible device with a built-in
>expansion bus.  One could easily create a high resolution color display
>card, however there would be substantial problems getting it to work in
>concert with the existing Amiga software which is, for better or worse,
>highly integrated with the Amiga hardware.

I've thought about this too. There is a sorta sneaky low performence
way to do this. Assume a 1280 x 800 x 4 display card in a 2000 slot.

You could actually generate the bitmaps in the 'normal' Amiga video
memory and then copy it over to the 'big' display.

This addresses the higher resolution, the increased number of colors
is a bit tougher, perhaps you could use an *ordered* dither to simulate
more colors in hi-res.

Yes, this is a massive kludge, but its something you could do right
now.

--
Richard J. Sexton
INTERNET:     richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

"It's too dark to put the key in my ignition..."