[comp.sys.amiga] Some question on Manx C

rminnich@udel.EDU (Ron Minnich) (09/11/87)

Actually, just two. In the code for Manx that i have there is
a file included called <functions.h>. What does this file do?
And, has anyone written an equivalent for Lattice C?
Thanks,
ron
--
Ron Minnich

mwm@eris.BERKELEY.EDU (Mike (My watch has windows) Meyer) (09/12/87)

In article <496@louie.udel.EDU> rminnich@udel.EDU (Ron Minnich) writes:
<Actually, just two. In the code for Manx that i have there is
<a file included called <functions.h>. What does this file do?
<And, has anyone written an equivalent for Lattice C?
<Thanks,

functions.h just declares scads of functions that need to return
things longer than a 16-bit int, so you don't get bitten by the return
value being truncated when you use them.

There are two ways to deal with this in Lattice.

1) wrap the include in #ifdef MANX/#endif so you don't get it.

2) Execute "copy nil: include:functions.h" in the cli.

	<mike
--
I went down to the hiring fair,				Mike Meyer
For to sell my labor.					mwm@berkeley.edu

jdow@gryphon.CTS.COM (Joanne Dow) (09/15/87)

In article <496@louie.udel.EDU> rminnich@udel.EDU (Ron Minnich) writes:
>Actually, just two. In the code for Manx that i have there is
>a file included called <functions.h>. What does this file do?
>And, has anyone written an equivalent for Lattice C?
>Thanks,
>ron
>--
>Ron Minnich

Yup, look for Lattice C 4.0 in a store near you sometime not too far distant
in time. (It is being beta tested right now. It is also being advertised
already.) It supports full function prototyping and has a new include sub-
directory named "proto". This contains prototypes for all AmigaDOS functions
in several files.

--
<@_@>
	BIX:jdow

Remember - A bird in the hand often leaves a sticky deposit. Perhaps it was
better you left it in the bush with the other one.