[comp.sys.amiga] Dpaint bug?

mwm@violet.berkeley.edu (Mike (My watch has windows) Meyer) (09/22/87)

I seem to be asking a lot of questions lately. Well, I'm trying to do
things I haven't done before.....

Anyway, I just stumbled over what appears to be a bug in DPaint ][.
Namely, the "double horiz" (and presumably similar for vert) function
on brushes stops working for large - but less than 1/2 the screen -
size brushes.

Is this a bug fixed in one of the "quiet updates"? Or is it a
documentation bug (they don't say there's a size limit!)?

	Thanx,
	<mike
--
All around my hat, I will wear the green willow.		Mike Meyer
And all around my hat, for a twelve-month and a day.	mwm@berkeley.edu

king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) (09/24/87)

In article <5190@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> mwm@violet.berkeley.edu (Mike (My watch has windows) Meyer) writes:
>Namely, the "double horiz" (and presumably similar for vert) function
>on brushes stops working for large - but less than 1/2 the screen -
>size brushes.

I've seen this problem many times and assumed that there was not enough
contiguous memory remaining (chip wise) to hold the new brush. It depends
on the size of the picture, screen resolution and number of colors, of
course. There may be a bug there somewhere, however, as really large
brushes (almost the whole picture) can crash the machine when they are
moved. I get around the problem by using two smaller brushes instead of
one large one. It's pretty easy to seam them up.		...sjk

--
 * Defence & Civil Institute *		...!utzoo!dciem!king
 * of Environmental Medicine *		Stephen J King