[comp.sys.amiga] dfind

wpl@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) (09/20/87)

Has anyone used dfind() and dnext() successfully?  I have tried every
thing I can think of and yet, every time I try to call dfind() it crashes my
machine.
--
William P Loftus			UUCP:   wpl@burdvax.UUCP
Unisys/Paoli Research Center		ARPA: 	wpl@burdvax.prc.unisys.com

toebes@sas.UUCP (John Toebes) (09/27/87)

In article <4388@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM>, wpl@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM (William P Loftus) writes:
> Has anyone used dfind() and dnext() successfully?  I have tried every
> thing I can think of and yet, every time I try to call dfind() it crashes my
> machine.
> William P Loftus			UUCP:   wpl@burdvax.UUCP
I have been using them and found no problems.  However one thing that you can
do to cause it to crash is to pass it an info block that is not on a 4 byte
boundary.  What ends up crashing is ADos writing to the wrong location for
the info that it returns resulting in something completely unrelated being
destroyed.

/*---------------------All standard Disclaimers apply---------------------*/
/*----Working for but not officially representing SAS or Lattice Inc.-----*/
/*----John A. Toebes, VIII         usenet:...!mcnc!rti-sel!sas!toebes-----*/