[comp.sys.amiga] MRBackup changes

wayne@utflis.UUCP (09/27/87)

I couldn't find a path to you, so I had to reach you this way.

While you are making changes to your backup program, could you please
remove the restriction that the home path be dh0 to dh9?

I have an A2000 with the Janus bridgeboard and an MS_DOS hard-drive.
The hard-drive can be used by the Amiga via Janus.  I bought this
option (and I suspect others will as well) because it seemed to be
a better deal: I spent just as much for Janus + MS-DOS hard-drive
as I would have for an Amiga-dedicated hard-drive.

The Janus-harddrive is called by the system JH0:, JH1:, JH2:, etc.

Thanks,

wayne

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein MAGAZINES) (09/28/87)

In article <974@utflis.UUCP> wayne@flis.toronto.edu.UUCP (Wayne Young) writes:
>I couldn't find a path to you, so I had to reach you this way.
>
>While you are making changes to your backup program, could you please
>remove the restriction that the home path be dh0 to dh9?
>
>I have an A2000 with the Janus bridgeboard and an MS_DOS hard-drive.
>The hard-drive can be used by the Amiga via Janus.  I bought this
>option (and I suspect others will as well) because it seemed to be
>a better deal: I spent just as much for Janus + MS-DOS hard-drive
>as I would have for an Amiga-dedicated hard-drive.
>
>The Janus-harddrive is called by the system JH0:, JH1:, JH2:, etc.
>
>Thanks,
>
>wayne

 Try something like:

 1> assign dh0: jh0:         (Press RETURN)

 Then your program thinks that jh0: is dh0:

--
   Dan Schein			 	uucp: {ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore Business Machines		or: {allegra|burdvax}!cbmvax!schein