[comp.sys.amiga] Mouse replacement

davidlo@vaxwaller.UUCP (David Lo) (09/28/87)

   The metal part of my mouse connector broke last Friday.  The mouse still
   work properly but I afraid eventually the wires will become loose.
   Does anyone know of a a good place to fix it.  Also, I have noticed
   Toy R'us is selling a mouse of the C64/C128 that looks identical to the
   Amiga mouse.  Is that the same mouse and can I use it on my Amiga ?

   Thanks for any help.

--
David Lo   (415)939-2400                                          /\  o
Varian Instruments, 2700 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA 94598     \/

In article <1133@vaxwaller.UUCP> davidlo@vaxwaller.UUCP (David Lo) writes:

>    The metal part of my mouse connector broke last Friday.  The mouse still
>    work properly but I afraid eventually the wires will become loose.
>    Does anyone know of a a good place to fix it.  Also, I have noticed
>    Toy R'us is selling a mouse of the C64/C128 that looks identical to the
>    Amiga mouse.  Is that the same mouse and can I use it on my Amiga ?

The C64/C128 mice are different animals electrically.  Mechanically, they are
the same as the A500/A2000 mice, however I assume you mouse was from an A1000,
in which case your dealer should be able to order you a replacement unit.

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {ihnp4|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!grr
but no way officially representing	arpa: out to lunch...

amiguy@pnet01.CTS.COM (Sean Wolfe) (09/29/87)

davidlo@vaxwaller.UUCP (David Lo) writes:

>   The metal part of my mouse connector broke last Friday.  The mouse still
>   work properly but I afraid eventually the wires will become loose.
>   Does anyone know of a a good place to fix it.  Also, I have noticed
>   Toy R'us is selling a mouse of the C64/C128 that looks identical to the
>   Amiga mouse.  Is that the same mouse and can I use it on my Amiga ?
>
>   Thanks for any help.

I remember asking someone that same question. Will the C64C128 mouse work onb
the Amgia. If I remember correctly, It works upsidedown to the Amiga mouse. If
you push up, it will go down and so on....
I don't know how many buttons are on it, either.. Are there two or just one?

Sean Wolfe

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!amiguy
ARPA: crash!pnet01!amiguy@nosc.mil
INET: amiguy@pnet01.CTS.COM

schein@cbmvax.UUCP (Dan Schein MAGAZINES) (09/29/87)

In article <2426@cbmvax.UUCP> grr@cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) writes:
>In article <1133@vaxwaller.UUCP> davidlo@vaxwaller.UUCP (David Lo) writes:
>>
>>    The metal part of my mouse connector broke last Friday.  The mouse still
>>    work properly but I afraid eventually the wires will become loose.
>>    Does anyone know of a a good place to fix it.  Also, I have noticed
>>    Toy R'us is selling a mouse of the C64/C128 that looks identical to the
>>    Amiga mouse.  Is that the same mouse and can I use it on my Amiga ?
>
>The C64/C128 mice are different animals electrically.  Mechanically, they are
>the same as the A500/A2000 mice, however I assume you mouse was from an A1000,
>in which case your dealer should be able to order you a replacement unit.

   You might find the price for a replacement mouse a bit high. So if your
  handy with a soldering iron why not just get a new connector, and replace
  the old one. (Try radio shack, or your local electronics house - it can be
  replaced with a standard straight plug.)

--
   Dan Schein			 	uucp: {ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!schein
   Commodore Business Machines		or: {allegra|burdvax}!cbmvax!schein