[comp.sys.amiga] Latest "Live!" delivery date info

jbn@glacier.STANFORD.EDU (John B. Nagle) (09/22/87)

    As of last week, the latest word from Wendy Peterson of A-Squared was
that they were still waiting for the plastic cases to come in, and still
hoped to ship in late September.

    I have a standing offer to A-Squared: when I can go somewhere and plunk
down my $300 and walk away with a box, I will do so.  So far, no sale.
Stay tuned.

					John Nagle

lbrown@apctrc.UUCP (Lawrence H. Brown) (09/30/87)

In article <17180@glacier.STANFORD.EDU> jbn@glacier.STANFORD.EDU (John B. Nagle) writes:

>    As of last week, the latest word from Wendy Peterson of A-Squared was
>that they were still waiting for the plastic cases to come in, and still
>hoped to ship in late September.
>
>    I have a standing offer to A-Squared: when I can go somewhere and plunk
>down my $300 and walk away with a box, I will do so.  So far, no sale.
>Stay tuned.
>
>					John Nagle

There is more to it than that.

I had the pleasure of finally meeting Mr. Abrams in person, at the last
BADGE meeting.

I brought up the problem with the Live! package and he explained that they'd
scheduled their date announced previously with the scheduled arrival of the
plastic cases.
What caught them flat footed was the surprise by their parts supplier that
he couldn't provide ALL of the parts they needed for production.  It has been
a scramble to get the rest of the parts needed.

Hang in there...

Disclaimer:  I don't work for A-squared.  Mr. A almost blushed when he
introduced himself and I said, "I know you, I've seen you on TV!" (The
original premere demo on videotape).  Nice Guy. We chatted and then he
went over to mooch pizza from Leo (The Guy with The Peperoni) Schwab...

--
	Lawrence H. Brown
USENET: ...!uunet!apctrc!cdf!zlhb0a or zlhb0a@cdf.apctrc.uucp (?)