[comp.sys.amiga] GOMF vs MetaScope

jmpiazza@sunybcs.UUCP (09/30/87)

In article <29417@sun.uucp> cmcmanis@sun.UUCP (Chuck McManis) writes:
>In article <164@geocub.UUCP> anthes@geocub.UUCP (Franklin Anthes) writes:
>> While I'm "on the air" I'd like to send out a plea for someone to post GOFM,
>>because it sounds like a real godsend for anybody who is doing development on
>>the amiga. (like maybe even me:-)
>
>Actually a better Godsend is metascope, even if you don't like to use it.
>Run Metascope programname and if the system traps to one of the GURU addresses
>it will (like illegal instruction, or address fault) it will jump into
>metascope and you can look around. If it hits something like 'corrupt free
>list' you'll want to reboot anyway so why bother no?

	Well, no.  GOMF (Get Out of My Face) handles a guru without
needing to know how to use (or purchase for that matter) a debugger.  This
could be helpful for neophyte and other light-weight programers.

(I'll have to pass on posting 'cause our phone-link is screwed up.)

Flip side,

	joe piazza

--- Cogito ergo equus sum.

CS Dept. SUNY at Buffalo 14260
UU: ...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!jmpiazza
CS: jmpiazza@cs.buffalo.edu
BI: jmpiazza@sunybcs